Marching Band is open to all LHHS students who either have an interest in playing a musical instrument OR wish to perform as a flag/dance artistic member. Band Camp participation is mandatory for all students who plan to take Marching Band in the Fall.
Marching Band Camp
Band Camp rehearsals always start with a quick meeting in the Band Room to go over the daily goals, then break into sections to practice in various locations around the campus. For freshman students, this is a great way to get acclimated with the campus and make new friends even before the first day of school. Prior experience or skill not a requirement.
8:50am – 9:00am Temperature check
9:00am – 12:00pm Physical Training and Marching Basics
12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunch
1:00pm – 4:00pm Music Fundamentals/Learning Show Music
Band Camp Essentials
- MOST IMPORTANT: A hearty breakfast!
- Face mask/covering
- Instrument or guard equipment
- Drinking water, in a 1-gallon insulated water container–A MUST!
- A pencil
- Appropriate summer clothing: shorts, T-shirt (NO JEANS!)
- Tennis style or athletic type shoes (no open shoes or flip flops)
- Head protection and sunglasses
- Packed lunch or lunch money (buy lunch at nearby restaurants/deli)
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Excitement, Energy, and a Great Attitude!